Edgewood college course
Mindful Being in Education…is a professional development and research based course to address productivity, mental clarity, relationships, health and happiness in your work and personal life. Research shows that mindful teaching and teaching children mindfulness cultivates an environment for learning that supports teacher-student relationships, social-emotional control and learning, self-regulation and focus, and academic success. Come and learn how to navigate a better response to the growing demands and expectations you experience in your personal and professional life and learn how to bring these practices to your students and staff.
Level I: An Introduction to Mindfulness in Education: Personal Practice and Mindfulness in the Classroom
- Participants will have a solid understanding of what mindfulness is and its relevance in education.
- Participants will be able to identify stressors and their reactions to stress and will have the tools to respond to stress differently.
- Participants will have the tools to practice mindfulness within their personal and professional life.
- Participants will have the tools to practice mindfulness in their classrooms and in team meetings.
- Participants will be able to communicate about mindful practices with administration, co-workers and parents.
Mindfulness Fundamentals: Please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org
Level II: Mindfulness in Education Curriculum and School-Wide Implementation Support (pre-requisite: completion of a Mindfulness Fundamentals course and/or a formal mindfulness practice.)
- Participants will have continued support in their personal mindfulness practice.
- Participants will gain understanding and tools to teach mindfulness in developmentally appropriate ways to students K-12.
- Participants will learn mindfulness practices as a resource for trauma-informed classrooms, PBIS initiatives and prevention of compassion fatigue.
Curriculum Support/School Initiatives: Please inquire at email@example.com
Course Fees: Level I course fee is $495 and includes instruction and tool kit (Mindfulness for Teachers by Patricia A. Jennings, chime and Mindful Minute Meditation Cards by Mindful Being). Level II course fee is $450.
Graduate Credits/Continuing Education: Course is available for 1-3 graduate credits through Edgewood College and is going through accreditation for OT/WPTA continuing education credit.
Registration and Payment: To register, complete and submit the form below. Credit card payment can be made by adding the appropriate course to the cart below and completing the payment process.